1. Finish up Excretory System
2. Plant Tissues (P. 172-174,
177-180, 185, 187-188)
1. The long stems of the organ pipe cactus shown above ?store water. Why do you think this would be useful in the ?desert?
2. What is the purpose of the sharp spines around the ?stem?
3. Would you expect the stems of plants found in forests, ?where there is more water available, to have nearly the ?same structure as the organ pipe cactus, or would those ?stems be different?
1. Finish up Circulatory System (156-158)
2. Respiratory System (159-160)
3. Excretory System (163-164)
1. Why is it important for waste and garbage to ?be cleaned up every day?
2. What do you think might happen if the people ?who ensure that waste is removed went on ?strike?
3. How would you compare the human ?excretory system to a waste disposal system?
1. Finish up ch. 8
2. Dichotomous Key Activity
3. Start Ch. 9 Classification
1. How can you find a book in a library?
2. If books were not sorted by subject and ?number, how would readers be affected?
3. Why would it be helpful to use the same ?system for organizing books at all libraries?
1. Finish Up Chapter 8
1. If you learned that the results of DNA testing showed that ?two people have identical DNA, what might you conclude?
2. Without knowing either person, what would you expect ?about their physical characteristics?
3. If you met two people with similar physical characteristics, ?would you expect them to have similar DNA? Explain your ?answer.
1. Ch. 8 Sec 2
2. Ch. 8 Sec 3
1. If you were to find the fossil bone in the photo, what ?features of the animal do you think you could identify?
2. If you learned that similar bones are commonly found in ?your area, would that help you learn more about the ?animal?
3. If you learned that bones like these are often covered ?with teeth marks, what would that help you to understand ?
1. Ch. 8 Sec 1
2. Ch. 8 Sec 2
1. What would you say is the most noticeable feature on this ?bird?
2. What are some possible advantages this feature gives ?the bird? What are some disadvantages?
3. What changes might increase this bird’s ability to survive ?and reproduce? Explain your answer.
1. Ch. 7 Sections 2 and 3
2. DNA Mutation Activity
1. How does DNA make proteins?
2. How is RNA different from DNA?
3. What is meant by “DNA ? RNA ? Amino acids ? Protein?”
4. What is a codon?
1. How does a cell interpret DNA?
2. Modeling DNA Structure
3. Continue Ch. 7